Summer is almost here and the last thing you want to be doing is worrying about your social media content. Here are 52 summer social media content ideas that you can use for easy breezy summer posts so now you can get back to the beach!
“Favorite” Social Media Content
A great way to connect with your audience is to share things you love! Talk about your favorites and ask your audience what their favorite is. Here are some ‘favorites” you could share :
- Your go-to summer cocktail recipe
- Easy bbq recipes
- The best summer staycations
- Best weekend getaways
- A pic of your pet or child enjoying the summer
- Summer swag you can’t live without
Expert Summer Tips Social Media Content
Posting summer tips that relate to your industry is another great way to not only connect with your audience but show your expertise. Some examples:
Clothing? What materials are the coolest to wear in hot weather!
Skincare? Sun safety tips or how to treat a sunburn!
Pet industry? How to keep your pets cool in the heat!
Real Estate? Tips to keep your home cool this summer!
Technology? Best apps to help you find the perfect summer rental!
Caterer? Favorite desserts that won’t “melt” in the sun!
Summer Mode Social Media Content
Even with these fun ideas you still need to post about your products or services right? Make sure you have fun with it and take some photos in summer mode! Ideas:
- Take your product (or yourself) to the beach and get some shots in the sand with the water in the background.
- Grab a beach towel and accessories like a beach ball, suntan lotion, or sunglasses. Photograph your products on the towel with the accessories. This is a fun summer mode flat lay! You can even put yourself in the picture to promote your services.
- Get a float and put your product (or yourself) on it in the pool and take some fun shots!
- Create a summer only offer and promote it as a limited time deal.
This or That Social Media Content
We see this one a lot and I find it works really well in Stories. Ask your audience if they prefer this or that – the summer version:
- Lemonade or Iced Tea?
- Ocean or Lake?
- Smell: freshly cut grass or suntan lotion?
- Popsicles or Ice Cream?
- Beach or Carnival?
- Watermelon or Pineapple?
- Flip Flops or Bare Feet?
- Bikini or One Piece Suit?
- Swimming or Sunbathing?
- Dinner on the beach or poolside bbq?
Local Tips Social Media Content
If your business is local then this is a great one for you. Give your audience your best tips for your local area. You can even collaborate with other local businesses to reach both audiences! Ideas:
- Best ice cream
- Best beach or pool
- Favorite park
- Easy and fun day trips
- Things to do when it’s raining
- Best places to stay cool
Summer Vacation Social Media Content
This one was tougher last year but this summer more things are opening and people are excited to get away again! It’s also perfect for Stories. Whether you’re going local or taking a far away trip, share photos and talk about what you love about it. Ask your audience what their favorite summer travel spots are too.
Summer Photos Social Media Content
- Photo contest: post your favorite summer photos and ask your audience to share thiers with a hashtag or post in the comments.
- Caption this. Post a funny summer photo and ask your audience to caption it.
- Behind the scenes summer fun – What do you and your employees do to beat the heat or enjoy the summer weather? Show your audience.
Summer Holidays Social Media Content
If you’ve been following me for a while you know I’m all about the social media holidays. I do a free calendar every month. If you want to see the whole 2021 Social Media Holiday Calendar, you can download it here for free. These are some of my favorite summer social media holidays and a hashtag to use with each one:
- 6/2 – Leave The Office Early Day #LeaveTheOfficeEarlyDay
- 6/4 – Hug Your Cat Day #hugyourcatday
- 6/13 – Cupcake Day #cupcakeday
- 6/20 – First Day of Summer #summersolstice2021
- 6/21 National Selfie Day #nationalselfieday
- 6/25 – Take Your Dog to Work Day #TakeYourDogToWorkDay
- 6/27 – Sunglasses Day #sunglassesday
- 7/1 – International Joke Day #TellAJoke
- 7/10 – Pina Colada Day #pinacoladaday
- 7/17 – World Emoji Day #worldemojiday
- 7/20 – Lollipop Day #lollipopday
- 8/3 – Watermelon Day #watermelonday
- 8/8 – International Cat Day #internationalcatday
- 8/10 – National Lazy Day #nationallazyday
- 8/19 – World Photo Day #worldphotoday
- 8/20 – National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
I hope this list helps you get started on creating some great summer content for your social media. Don’t forget to be visual and use lots of great summer images! Planning to use some of these content ideas? Tag me so I can see it! @loricaralisconsulting
If you need more social media and marketing tips – here are a few ways I can help:
✳️ Grab my free 2021 IG Guide – Explode Your Instagram …. It’s FIRE: bit.ly/7_IGsecrets
✳️ Want to know what your Instagram engagement rate is? Find out instantly with my free spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/IGengageWorksheet
✳️ Get my free Lead Magnet Workbook and create one in 7 easy steps! http://bit.ly/BuildYourLeadMagnet