These social media updates are going to be a monthly blog and include everything you need to know about social media for your business. Like social media holidays to use for your content creation, trending hashtags to try, a social media tip to get more out of your content, and social media updates for all platforms.
September means the summer is winding down and we are returning to business as usual. It’s time to set your business up to end 2023 strong! Check out these social media updates and use them as you created your content calendars.
We have some fun holidays to celebrate in September like National Pancake Day and Read a Book Day, as well as some traditional holidays like Labor Day and the first day of fall. Check out the calendar:
Here are some ways you can create content around some of these social media holidays:
Labor Day (September 4):
- Share gratitude for your hardworking team and showcase behind-the-scenes moments at your workplace.
- Offer Labor Day promotions as a way to appreciate your customers’ support.
- Post about the importance of work-life balance and self-care for employees.
Read a Book Day (September 6):
- Share quotes from your favorite books or industry-related literature.
- Encourage your audience to share their must-read books.
- Talk about books you love related to your niche.
Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19):
- Have some fun with your brand’s voice and create pirate-themed content for the day.
- Run a caption contest using pirate lingo for a fun engagement opportunity.
- Share pirate-related stories, facts, or quotes that align with your brand.
First Day of Fall (September 23):
- Fall bucket list: Share a list of fun activities or experiences you love to do during the fall season.
- Fall self-care: Share self-care tips and ideas that are perfect for the fall season,
- Fall-themed recipes: Share recipes for delicious fall treats like apple pie, pumpkin spice latte, or hearty soups.
World Tourism Day (September 27):
- Showcase beautiful travel destinations or hidden gems related to your industry.
- Share some of your recent travels.
- Offer travel tips, packing guides, or suggestions for travel.
National Coffee Day (September 29):
- Share coffee-related recipes, fun facts, or trivia about different coffee blends.
- Share your favorite coffee mug and ask your audience to share theirs.
- Collaborate with a local coffee shop for cross-promotion.
Here Are Some Seasonal Content Ideas for Fall:
Fall creates gorgeous outdoor photos! Make sure to use it to your advantage. You can capture and share the changing fall foliage in your area in your next selfie or do a product photo shoot outside.
It’s also fun to create fall-inspired products or service bundles, promotions, or limited-time offers. If food or fashion is your thing, share fall recipes, DIY crafts, fashion, or home décor ideas related to your niche.
It’s also back to school time – if your brand relates to school you can offer tips and resources to help parents and students prepare for the new academic year. It may also be fun to share inspiring stories or interviews with educators or students making a positive impact.
Social Media Updates: September Hashtags
These social media updates and tips are all about hashtags! Creating content in September means fall, pumpkin spice, and back to school. Make sure to try some of these hashtags if they fit your content:
Fall Hashtags #
September Hashtags #
Back To School Hashtags #
Always remember to use a mix of broad and niche hashtags to optimize your chances of reaching the right audience and gaining higher engagement on your posts. Monitor the performance of your content to see which hashtags resonate most with your audience and adjust your hashtag strategy accordingly.
Social Media Tips: 10 Hooks To Try In Your Social Media Copy
For these social media updates, let’s talk about 10 hooks to get your content seen! Using hooks in your social media copy is essential to capture your audience’s attention and keep them engaged. Social media is crowded with content, and users scroll quickly through their feeds. A strong hook at the beginning of your post grabs their attention and makes them stop the scroll and read your content.
A well-crafted hook piques curiosity or elicits an emotional response, encouraging users to interact with your post. This could lead to likes, comments, shares, and clicks on your content or profile which in turn starts that online relationship that can lead to sales.
Need some help creating scroll stopping hooks? Here are some fill-in-the-blank ones you can try:
Here are my top 3 (job title/industry /niche/professional title) hacks!
Here’s my favorite (product) that I use on a daily basis.
You need this if you’re a (name your target audience).
If you want to fix (name problem),., read this
Doing this changed my business.
Here’s how I know (name target audience’s desire) … is possible for you.
Struggling with (name problem)? Try this.
My favorite (product), I couldn’t live without. (or I couldn’t run my business without)
Don’t make these 3 mistakes if you are a (name target audience)…
Remember to keep your hooks concise, relevant to your content, and aligned with your brand voice. Experiment with different types of hooks to see what resonates best with your audience and helps achieve your social media goals. DM or tag me on Instagram and let me know when you try these hooks,
Social Media Updates – New Trends And Changes
Social media platforms are ever evolving and can be hard to keep up with! Here are the top 5 recent trends/changes in the social media world:
- Instagram users are getting a suite of generative AI features.
- Twitter is now X? Find out more…
- Threads rolls out new features.
- TikTok introduces text posts.
- YouTube Will Now Let You Add More Links To Your Channel Profile
That’s all the social media updates for this month. Have a fun September creating content and growing your socials! 💕
How would it feel to have an expert shine a light on what’s not working AND what’s going right on your Instagram? Then you can spend less time on Instagram with MORE results! Get an Instagram Video Audit for ONLY $49 for a limited time! Learn more…
Some other social media blogs you might like:
Looking to uplevel your social media in 2023? Social Media Tips For Businesses – 2023 Edition will get you started!
Do you blog, podcast, or do videos? Learn how to Turn 1 Piece Of Content Into 26+!
Learn how to use my Social Media Content Calendar to plan out your monthly strategy.
If you need more social media and marketing tips – here are a few ways I can help:
Grab my free Content Creation Map …. It’s FIRE!
You can also download the entire Social Media Holidays 2023 Calendar.
Grow your Instagram with my free Instagram Engagement Checklist.
Connect with me to learn how to Grow Your Socials