Does your business have an Instagram profile? Instagram may not be right for every business but it’s growing at the fastest rate of all the social media platforms so you may be surprised at how well it can fit your brand. Let’s look at some numbers for Instagram:
- 71% of US businesses use Instagram. That beats Twitter’s 67% usage rate.
- 80% of userssay they follow at least one business on the app, with 60% hearing about a product or service through the platform.
- 65% of top-performing brand postson Instagram feature products. In fact, product posts even beat out lifestyle content (43%) and images or videos from an influencer or celebrity (29%).
Okay, so now you get why Instagram can be a great platform for business, but is your target audience there? It is a slightly younger audience than Facebook but it’s growing, and the engagement rate is so much higher that it really can be a great place to grow a loyal audience and find customers for many. Here are some recent statistics:
- Instagram hit 1 billion monthly active users in June 2018:
- 59% of 18–29 year olds use Instagram.
- 33% of 30–49 year olds use Instagram.
- 18% of 50–64 year olds use Instagram.
- 8% of people 65+ use Instagram.
- They have money to spend:
- 37% of adults who make more than $75,000 use Instagram.
- 32% of adults who make $49,999–$74,999 use Instagram.
- 32% of adults who make $30,000–$49,999 use Instagram.
- IG users are more active and engage more often:
- The Instagram median engagement rate across all industries is 1.73% compared to Twitter’s 0.046% and Facebook’s 0.16%.
Can your business benefit from a stronger Instagram prescience? Very likely yes! Want to know 3 ways to improve your Instagram growth and engagement? Send me a message with your profile name and I’ll take a look at your account and send you my mini-audit for free: firstname.lastname@example.org *Offer ends June 30, 2018*
*Statistics from Sprout Social & Rival IQ