Will a blog benefit your small businesses? In almost every case, the answer is a definite yes. If you don’t have a blog on your business website, think about starting one now. If you have one that you don’t post consistently to, make writing blog posts part of your business plan.
Here are 5 compelling statistics to make you want to start or maintain your business blog:
- Over 409 million people view more than 20.7 billion blog pages each month. (WordPress)
- 6 out of 10 U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. (Huffington Post)
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog. (Hub Spot)
- Companies that blog receive 55% more website traffic than companies that don’t and they have 434% more indexed pages compared to those that don’t. (Simple Marketing Now)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate. (Search Engine Journal)
If these statistics don’t convince you that your business should be blogging, think of all the other benefits a blog can bring. By writing about your industry consistently, you position yourself as an expert in your field which brings trust and brand loyality. Potential customers will begin to seek you out when they need that information. Blogging is also one of the most effective ways to boost search engine rankings. Lastly, using blog content on your social media accounts gives you orginal content to share and can help boost your social media profiles as well.
Still unsure about blogging? Send me an email at LoriCaralis@gmail.com with your website and I’ll take a look at your business and tell you if I think it’s right for you. I’ll even come up with a few topics you could write about to get you started for free!