Looking for some ideas this summer for your social media posts? Summer is a great time to try something different and do some fun posts. Here are 11 ideas to get you started:
1. Share some of your favorites and ask your audience for theirs:
-Best weekend getaways in your area
-Pic of your pet enjoying the summer
2. Post helpful summer tips related to your business. You can do it for almost any industry:
Skincare? Sun safety tips!
Pet industry? How to keep your pets cool
Real Estate? Tips to keep your home cool this summer!
3. Feature photos of your products or services in their summer mode. At the beach, by the pool, etc. Make it fun!
4. Promote Summer specials or offers. Many businesses naturally slow down in the summer. Create limited time specials and offers that you can promote on social media. Give it a summer twist!
5. For local businesses, provide summer tips about your town. Best places for ice cream (maybe even start a poll and have people vote on it). Where to go to cool down. Or collaborate with other local businesses to promote each other’s summer sales.
6. Ask fun summer themed questions. Here are a few to get your started:
Ice cream or popsicle? Use a photo of them or ask it in a poll
What are your vacation plans this summer? Share a fun travel pic of your own ask what others are doing this summer.
7. Use fill in the blanks like:
My favorite thing in summer is __________________
My favorite beverage to cool off is ________________
Include a pic of your favorite!
8. Photo contest: post your favorite summer photos
9. Caption this. Post a funny summer photo and ask your audience to caption it.
10. Behind the scenes summer fun – What do you and your employees do to beat the heat or enjoy the summer weather? Show your audience.
11. Create some posts about Summer holidays (social media made up ones and real ones). Here’s a list with hashtags to use:
2. World UFO Day, #WorldUFODay
4. Independence Day (United States) #4thOfJuly
7. World Chocolate Day #WorldChocolateDay
15. Give Something Away Day #GiveSomethingAwayDay
17. World Emoji Day #WorldEmojiDay
18. Nelson Mandela International Day #MandelaDay
18. Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
26. Talk in an Elevator Day #TalkInAnElevatorDay
30. International Day of Friendship #DayOfFriendship
2. National Coloring Book Day #NationalColoringBookDay
8. International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
9. National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
10. National Lazy Day #LazyDay
11. National Sons and Daughters Day #SonsAndDaughtersDay
12. International Youth Day #YouthDay
12. World Elephant Day #WorldElephantDay
13. International Lefthanders Day #LefthandersDay
15. National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
16. National Tell a Joke Day #NationalTellAJokeDay
19. World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
19. World Humanitarian Day #WorldHumanitarianDay
20. National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
26. National Dog Day #NationalDogDay
26. National Women’s Equality Day #WomensEqualityDay
I hope this list helps you get started on creating some great summer content for your social media. Don’t forget to be visual and use lots of great Summer images! Have some ideas of your own for Summer content? Share it with us!
Have more social media questions? Join my Free Facebook Group where I answer all your burning social media questions every Wednesday!